Have you ever listened to a great motivational speaker? By the end of the talk, you would crawl over broken glass to get to your goals, wouldn’t you? Momentum was your co-pilot and there was NO stopping you.
- But what happened to that Momentum? What happened to that Invincibility you felt – a day or a month later? Sadly, for you (and for the world!) most of that power, that Momentum – was lost.
- Why do you have a library of “self-help” books, CDs, or YouTube videos, and yet feel that not a whole lot has changed over time?
- Why do some people meditate or pray or read something uplifting Every day?
The answer to all of these is Velocity!
Remember the very important equation of Momentum? Science has taught us that Momentum = Mass x Velocity.
You can get pumped up with a Thought, (a Mass) – but if the Thought is not repeated, it gains no Momentum. Who cares if a boulder is still at the top of the hill, if it is NOT moving towards you, right?
Velocity must be added to initiate and gain the Momentum that you want!
- Just as Mass (Your Thoughts) can’t build Momentum alone, neither can Velocity.
- Velocity, without a Mass behind it, means Nothing is coming at you.
- You can Repeat (Velocity) affirmations all day long, but without Mass (Thought/Emotions) behind it, you just don’t gain the Momentum you desired in your Life.
When you add Velocity to a motivational, or inspiring Thought you create Momentum. The more Velocity (and Mass), the more Momentum.
Find a source that inspires YOU, every day. As you Feel those inspirations hourly, daily or weekly, you will create your own UPWARD spiral. Soon, you will create that tipping point that Barbara Fredrickson talks about in her book “Positivity“. As you see and feel the Momentum going in the direction you wanted, you hit that 3:1 ratio of experiencing three time more Radiant, Positive and Building thoughts than destructive, self-weakening thoughts. You’ve gained the Momentum you wanted in your life.
Andrew Carnegie, one of the wealthiest Americans at the end of the 19th century, said “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.”
Build a Mass, an Intent. Then ADD Velocity.
Orchestrate the Momentum you’ve been wanting.
DAILY ACKNOWLEDGE THE GREATNESS IN YOU and you WON’T have to settle for mediocrity!