As the leaves fall, they inspire me. The cycle of energy continues true enough.
Isn’t it easy to see how the Tree is better off for the leaf that existed? The next generation will be better off because this generation existed. The Tree will grow and expand from what these leaves made possible.
The leaf fed something seemingly Infinite and Eternal – compared to its own short physical existence. Yet the Tree could not exist or expand without it. Do you think the Tree saw the leaf as a leaf, thru temporarily binocular vision? Or do you think the eternal Tree FELT the presence, and felt the expansion each leaf allowed and created?
Do you think the atoms in the falling leaf mind that they are soon to be used as nutrients in a different shape? They will come back as Energy to build something else. Can you feel how the atoms may not care about the short-term shape they’re in?
The leaf expanded because of the interaction with the atoms, and the atoms experienced something different while being a leaf.
The links are as endless as they are real. Do you see how maybe a forested area might feel about a single tree? Or maybe the earth might feel about a particular forested area? Or maybe how a star might appreciate what planets do for it?
Or maybe – how the Universe silently Appreciates and Feels what YOU do for it?
Remember the old joke? – “Never trust Matter, it makes up everything.”
The interesting thing is, it’s the SAME Matter that has made up Everything for billions of years! Yet everyday we keep getting “new” people, plants, ideas, animals, inventions, etc… Mind boggling, no?
The secret is in the Energy behind the matter. That Energy that makes you YOU. YOU are an important part on that never ending process of Energy. YOU matter.
Your Thoughts, your Words, your Actions, EVERYTHING you do is affecting someone in some way- regardless of whether you See it or Know about it. Your Energy, Your Matter, continues to be an important part of the world’s process. NEVER DOUBT IT!
- When the campfire wood is done burning is there not smoke, left on your clothes, that still slightly pleases your senses? Are there not ashes that provide nutrients?
- Do you know that some of the greenest places in a meadow, or perhaps where the flowers bloom in a field mark the spot where an animal fell and died during the bitter winter? Nutrients, and Cover during a heavy winter produced a fertile and protected area for ground cover or seeds to thrive in the next season. New seeds and plants were “inspired” to grow where that animal’s carcass lay during a winter.
- Have you ever seen a “nursery log”? That’s where an old log or stump of a tree has provided the fertile growth and platform for a new one to grow from. When the Older one was growing, did it do so Knowing about the tree it would support years later?
- How about Twitter or Facebook? Every day people post thousands of inspirational quotes. A quote is just a Verbal continuation, a ripple, of Energy! Look at any book shelf – ripe with fertile “AHA moments” and matter continuing to give Life.
- What about any of numerous parasites? My favorite is the nematomorph hairworm? (don’t worry, no picture of THAT one!) They are ingested by grasshoppers and crickets and when the hairworm has matured, it induces the hopper to jump into water so it can free itself and breed in the water. Do you think the parasite knows that in some river ecosystems the cricket and grasshopper biomass provide a needed 30% of a fish’s needed food source?
- Does the water vapor taken up into a cloud over the Ocean even know about the flower it helps grow in your yard AFTER it comes back as rain?
Whether you’re a lowly parasite, a vapor from a drop of water, or an old forest tree stump – never doubt that what you do matters to others! You may not hear or see the appreciation or the continuation of your energy, but it is there.