My favorite expression, besides “What are we doing for dinner?” – is “Life leaps like a geyser for those who drill through the rock of inertia.”
1. I worked at Yellowstone National Park for five summers and just loved to watch that raw power come rushing up and bursting out so suddenly from the earth.
2. I have made such an incredible turn around in my own life that I now feel similar strength and “life leaping”, as I continue to crush some old inertia!
Ok, so I’m an old geyser (NOT a geezer!) named Mike.
- I’ve worked on a shrimp and clam boat in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Studied at Villanova University, Florida State University and ended up with a final degree in Fish and Wildlife Sciences from Oregon State University.
- I’ve been evacuated out of roaring forest fires twice.
- Hiked streams for a living looking for salmon.
- Had careers in Advertising, the Salon industry and the Fireplace industry.
- Been in every US state except for Alaska (give me time.)
- Best thing I ever did – was to marry my sweetheart Jeanne, from Oregon.
- We now live just outside Seattle, WA.
No matter where I went or who I talked to, everyone had their own perspective on things, and everyone seemed to be looking for one thing. Happy.
When I pieced together how a few scientific ideas validated the whole thought process of “we become what we think”, then the geyser that is Mike just started erupting baby! Oh, what an experience! Life became incredible again!
The science that we all had been taught is really just the Law of Attraction in different words. Suddenly, I felt thrilled that I could connect right and left brained ideas and actually use both halves to help explain how life really does “become what you think about”. Hey, what do you know, the Buddha was right.
Join me around the table here, or maybe just pull up some pillows on the sofa if you want, and let’s see if a few new ideas might just help crush any inertia you may not want, or continue to energize that inertia that you’re already building on purpose! At the very least, have a few laughs with, and occasionally, at me.
MY GOAL- spark some of your own Fire and Inspiration. I owe a lot to the folks who have inspired me, and it is only right to continue their dreams and inspiration to make this world an incredible place.
YOU have an AWESOME geyser in you as well! Let it out!
Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to reading your Comments so I can learn from your thoughts as well.
Break through that Inertia my friend, and YOU WILL AMAZE yourself with your own Greatness!!!
Your friend, Momentum Mikey
(or check out my daily inspiration on Twitter @ MomentumMikey)
“Who Is Momentum Mikey?” from The Scleroderma Evergreen Chapter:
“Mike is a volunteer and friend who is always there to give you a good healthy laugh and outlook on life, a boost in your confidence, a smoother road on your journey, and who can help you to see that yes, your cup is definitely half full. He gives all of us these gifts, whether he is our hilarious MC at our annual Scleroderma Spring Fling auction or our visiting Christmas Elf at our Scleroderma Christmas parties, or helping us with our projects or just having a coffee break. He is definitely there to bring us all up, even when we do not even think we need it….We need more Mikes is this life. He is contagious, thank goodness!” – Mary M