Ever nurture a bonsai tree?
The interesting thing is that they come from the same stock as the “normal” full sized, expansive trees. The Secret is root control, limb trimming and training.
- By placing in a shallow container, the tap roots are limited to growth. This will control the growth of the tree.
- The growth on the branches above are constantly trimmed back, so it remains small.
- Sometimes copper wire or another constraint is used to shape the branches as they grow, to create a unique “contorted” appeal to them.
Don’t be a Bonsai.
- Allow your roots to grow. Provide yourself with unending depth for you to tap (sorry) into. Do not become stunted. You’ll need the strength, the nutrient and the water when winds, pollution, dry spells and other forces act on you.
- Allow ALL your branches to grow. Not just the main trunk, or the top two or three that everyone likes, but all of yourself. If you feel like sprouting some crazy little off-shoot from some where- do it. Nurture it and let it grow!
- Allow NO constraints to shape you. Never let someone else’s ideas, perceptions, or you own subconscious control and shape you into something you don’t like.
Be your own arborist. Don’t treet (ouch,sorry) yourself like a bonsai. Don’t sell yourself short (yup, I had to go there).
The world needs re-forestation. Allow your full potential. YOU can provide the oxygen the world needs.