Have you ever Listened to a motivational speaker? By the end of the talk, you would almost crawl over broken glass to get to your goals, wouldn’t you? You briefly were in touch with your Inner Greatness, and there was NO stopping you.
- But what happened to that Momentum? What happened to that Invincibility you felt – a day or a month later, or even as we sat in the traffic jam after the event? Sadly, for you (and the world!) most of that power, that Momentum was lost. Why?
- Why do you have a library of “self-help” books or CDs, and yet you feel that not a whole lot has changed over time?
- Why do some people choose to go to a spiritual experience once a week, or more?
- Why do some people meditate or pray or read something uplifting Every day?
The answer to all of these is Velocity!
Remember the very important equation of Momentum? Science has taught us that Momentum is equal to Mass x Velocity.
As I mentioned in this link, a heavy truck has more Mass (Thoughts) than a bicycle coming at you. You can get pumped up with a Thought, but if the Thought is not repeated, it gains no Momentum. Who cares if a bicycle or a truck are Parked at the top of the hill, IF NEITHER is moving towards you, right?
Velocity must be added to initiate and gain the Momentum that you want!
- Just as Mass (Thoughts) can’t build Momentum alone, neither can Velocity.
- Velocity, without a Mass behind it, means Nothing is coming at you.
- You can Repeat (Velocity) affirmations all day long, but without Mass (Thought) behind it, you just don’t gain the Momentum you desired in your Life.
When you add Velocity to a motivational, or inspiring,Thought you create Momentum. The more Velocity (and Mass), the more Momentum.
Find a source that works for you EVERY day. As you Feel those inspirations hourly, daily or weekly, you will create your own UPWARD spiral. Soon, you will create that tipping point that Barbara Fredrickson talks about in her book “Positivity“. As you see and feel the Momentum going in the direction you wanted, you hit that 3:1 ratio of experiencing three time more Radiant, Positive and Building thoughts than destructive, self-weakening thoughts. You’ve gained the Momentum you wanted in your life.
Andrew Carnegie, one of the wealthiest Americans at the end of the 19th century, said “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.”
But, these are just words from strangers. Who cares until you prove it for yourself?
Read. Listen. Discuss. Get Inspired. Then ADD Velocity. DAILY ACKNOWLEDGE THE GREATNESS IN YOU!
Move your life into the Momentum you’ve been desiring.
You DON’T have to settle for mediocrity!