One of my favorite things as a kid was using crazy straws. Remember those?
No matter what drink it was, stick a crazy straw in it and it instantly became fun. Watching the liquid come up and do the loopty-loops was always entertaining. Ah, life before the internet…
The thing about crazy straws, though, was that you could darn near pass out trying to drink! (maybe Mom did have a hidden agenda?) You would have to suck in with an equivalent force of a Super Sonic jet engine just to get the liquid all the way up in one, “easy” drink.
Your liquid treat would go up the straw and maybe about one or two loops, and then you’d have to stop and take a second breath, as you watched your “soon to be” nourishment go up then down then sideways and up around another bend, and finally get to your tired and exhausted body! (Maybe THAT’s why I can swim so long under water, years of sucking on a crazy straw built me some Super Human lungs. hmmm, I smell an advertisement and new Sponsor coming for the next Olympian Swimmer…)
Are you still using one daily, maybe at work with your coffee. NO? Maybe we should, they have so much to teach us. Crazy straws want to remind us:
- Sometimes it’s going up, sometimes down, sometimes even sideways, and sometimes you can’t even see where or what direction it’s going, don’t sweat it. That’s life. It’s all in line with a bigger plan.
- Decide what you WANT to drink before you settle on something that someone else just offers you. Once you start drawing or sucking it, you’ll get it- but by then it’s too late to change flavors, to say “Woops, I didn’t really want that!” What are you dunking your straw into today?
- Don’t be cheap or dumb and use yesterday’s straw!! Throw it out and get a new one. Don’t let yesterday’s straw ruin or taint today’s drink! Yesterday’s (or last year’s) residue will only ruin a perfectly great new daily flavor! Don’t waste your time trying to clean it out, just get a new one every morning you wake up! New day = New flavor.
- Don’t compare your drink and how quickly you’re drinking, with anyone else! Find your own speed that’s comfortable, you don’t want to pass out, or drink too quickly, you don’t want a Brain Freeze after all!
- Keep your momentum going and you’ll get whatever you decide to drink. First thing in the Morning, get yourself a NEW straw for your life, and stick it into something clean and nourishing like Universal Goodness, Love, Peace, Happy Thoughts and Knowing that whatever you draw in today, will be what YOU wanted.
My deepest wish for you my friend is that you enjoy your drinking of Life. Enjoy all the loops you’ll take. KNOW that it’s All Good, even when you seem to be going up, down, sideways, or loopty loops.
Here’s a little secret for you- the drink never really ends anyway, so don’t worry about it.